Tuesday, April 06, 2010

A Miracle: NYT published positive article about Christianity

There is an interesting book review by Joh Meacham who is the editor of Newsweek, in
article entitled, "Thine is the kingdom" in the NY Times today,but
says article was first published on April 1st 2010.It has a photo at top of article
of the famous painting "Supper at Emmaus" of JESUS and followers
that was painted by Caravaggio in the year 1601. The article by Meacham is a book review of the book "Christianity, The First Three Thousand Years" written
by Diarmaid MacCulloch, Illustrated of Viking Publishers. I am amazed
the NY Times published the review and I am grateful also for it presents
Christianity in a positive light.
Read it at:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/04/books/review/Meacham-t.html?pagewanted=1/
6:19 AM 4/6/2010.
I love the articles in several places in the past few days about Christianity and
with Bible verses included.
Thanks to Jon Meacham and the NY Times and to Diarmaid MacCulloch for his book
detailing Christian events for 3 thousand years.
Gloria Poole; Missouri; time is 6:24 AM, 6-April-2010
Update at 6:42 Am after reading more of the NY Times today in particular the article [op-ed] by Bob Herbert entitled "Turning our back on Heroes' about the veterans of
the US Military who have suffered much for America's cause. It's at:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/06/opinion/06herbert.html?hp/
I walkabout some and I am very grateful that I am able to walk because I had a close encounter with catastrophe in July 2006, and I have some problems still as a result of it. I have always loved the veterans because my daddy did and he understood the extraordinary sacrifices they are called on to make every time they leave their regiment of protection in any way. I wrote some about my own tribute to veterans on a Memorial Day blog entry on this same blog in the year 2006 I think so read that also. And not long ago as a I walked about I saw a poster in a store that I do business with, about veterans and I wish I had written the exact words down on a note, but it said something like this: a veteran is a person who wrote a blank check to America pledging his assets, his time, his blood and his very life to the cause of America.
I thought about that statement and I realized it is the truth. So why then does America's Congress treat veterans so shamefully? Their so-called 'pensions' are not enough to afford housing on, and eat, at the same time. Many many veterans are homeless because of it. I am grateful Bob Herbert wrote that article about veterans and I hope it makes a difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home