Friday, September 24, 2004

"The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken

heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. " Psalms 33:18 This is my reassurance today. The realization that all humans are just human, nothing more and nothing less, sometimes overwhelms me! I think we often expect ourselves to be more, is that not true? But yesterday I was reminded when i saw in the Denver Post front page the photo of a young man who drank himself to death at a frat party at the University of Colorado. And the sense of despair that his mother must be feeling just made me feel physically sick! The anguish and broken-heart she must now feel is probably not able to be expressed in words. It made me suddenly realize how important mothers are and how what they teach their children impacts them. The truth is someone failed that teenage boy because he did not have the skills or the desire to forsake peer pressure and that in the long run brought about his demise or so it seems to me. The culture of drinking and partying and wild, wantonness on college campuses in the US needs to be curtailed! How do those of us who care, go about it? I personally have written many letters and even published the testimony of those who came to the brink of ruin with alcohol in an effort to turn people back to the path of God. I told of my own testimony to UGA establishment, of how I had professors at the University of Georgia who openly advocated binge drinking and even glorified it to students. I complained! Yet, my sense of loss is great today--that a promising life was snuffed out by stupid and wanton behaviours.
I can remember having gone to the coed frat parties a couple of times and been confronted with kegs of beer, and the attitude that if I didn't drink, I was a prude, an undesirable there. I don't drink alcohol and thanks to God,never had a problem with it, after once having nearly killed myself with it by accident, not knowing the risks and not being cognizant at that time that alcohol consumed in large quantities is lethal. I just drank to be polite and suddenly discovered i could not stand on my feet and then luckily vomited. God was good to me that HE saved me from the destruction.
Why don't they teach on college campuses that unrestrained ingestion of alcohol in short periods of time is deadly? Why don't they teach that alcohol is an addictive substance, intended to destroy one's life? Why don't the Universities in this nation and every nation teach LIFE giving skills and attitudes? What happened to the Schools and Universities and Colleges in America that binge drinking, use of drugs, death-as-a-"right" via the promotion of abortion, "death with dignity" and 'right to die" proponents became the 'norm' on campuses when the intent of all those is death? And this is yet a better question, why don't the parents of all those students CARE about what their kids are taught? Why don't they storm the gates of hell as the Bible says and demand that University Professors be models of exemplary behaviour and morality? Why don't they demand that alcohol and alcoholic parties be forbidden on campuses and any University sponsored event? Why don't all those recognized and supposedly superior minds in the Departments of Administration recognize their fiduciary duty to students to teach the truth and the principles that lead to long life and wellness? Why is the idea of fiduciary duties to students totally alien to the Establishment in Washington, the Edu-crats who implement "social change" to a wanton, wild, atheistic generation?
My only hope is that God Himself will intervene for the students of the righteous parents at least.That God who sits on His throne will look down and see when a student is in over his or her head in the world, and about to self-destruct as HE did in my case and send the Redeeming Angels to intervene or cause the student to vomit. The idea of redeeming Angels is from this Scripture: "The angel ofThe Lord encampeth round about them that fear Him, and delivereth them.' Psalms 34:7 And another Scripture , "Many are the afflictions of the righteous; but The Lord delivereth him out of them all.' Psalms 34:19.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home